Tonight we had a family home evening lesson on giving thanks. My girls are always polite, but I know Maria likes the leper story, so gratitude it was. Quotes of the evening:
Mom: What is this I'm pointing to? (Skin)
Christina: Your flesh.
Mom: We've been reading about a story of a family that left Jerusalem. Who is that family?
Christina: Well. There's the son Nephi, the father Lehi, the mother Sariah, the bad brothers Laman and Lemuel.
Maria is sitting in daddy's lap looking at a picture of laban:
Maria: Cut off his head!! Cut off his head!!
Mom: Who is this Maria? (pointing to leper)
Maria: LEPER!! LEPER!! LEPER!!!!
To which she was mumbling about the rest of the lesson. And then (at dinner) she bursts into song, "Happy Birthday to Scheels. Mommy! Let's go!! Let's go Scheels!! Happy birthday to Scheels."
Earlier at Scheels we walked by one of the wax presidents and I asked Christina who her favorite was to which she replied, "Bishop Mooney." :)
And at Dr. Sachdev's office-
Maria: May I please have a sucker?
Dr.Sachdev : Very good Maria. (Looks at me astonished.)
1 comment:
Maria is fabulous. I totally want to visit Scheels when I'm there next. I love going to Outdoor World when we are near one. Such fun. We can't wait to try out camping with the girls when Daddy gets home. Maria will have to give us the tour.
Post a Comment