The other day I realized, I need a place for Christina where she can go and just write. It's snowing, so I had to do a garden theme writing center. It was really funny because we were brainstorming together the different parts of a story (story elements) and the girls were raising their hands. They were so excited to answer and participate. For some odd reason, every other answer Maria gave was the Holy Ghost.
The girls came up with different examples of story elements and I wrote them down on each petal. This is just so Christina can get ideas and check her writing to see if it has all the parts of a story. One element is the solution to the problem. I loved that Maria came up with the answers, "Jesus and love." Truly, those are the best answers to any conflict. It was a proud mother moment.
Maria again was flying through her CVC words, another 25 tonight. I guess we'll start working on sight words and firming up letters. I had her write her letters and she got all but 3. We played 4 in a row tonight and she did exceptional!!
I'm trying to find out if she can test for Kindergarten early.
I must admit, Christina has had off for a month. She's worked very hard. I'm proud to say she has mastered counting money... like I could send her to the grocery store and it'd be all good. She also has really taken to addition with carrying. Her time is coming along very smoothly. Every morning we worked for 2 hours. She read Junie B. Jones Dumb Bunny... and as a side note, she was on the last two chapters and was begging to finish. I got her a little flashlight and said she could finish after Joe read scriptures. She was ecstatic. She read both ending chapters by herself and in the morning her first words to me were, "Mom!!! I read Junie B!! You'll never guess what happened!!" I was a little skeptical, but after she told me all about it, I went back and read and sure enough... she even had all the details!! We have that in common. If a book is good, I don't want to put it down either!! I've spent many a wonderful night pouring the pages of great books, to go to bed at 4 or 5 AM. And I'm glad she's like that too!!
They are just jewels. I don't understand why I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment