Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Hike - Enjoying Good Windy Weather

Originally, I wanted to hike this small hill by our house but we couldn't find a path and really, people shoot you for trespassing out here. Cun-tray folks, Cun-tray.

Somehow we ended up over here. It was desert beautiful.

We always seem to end up holding hands. What sweet and wonderful children to just come up and want to touch and be close. For a while it was just all 4 of us holding hands and enjoying the beauty around.



It was really strange that people live out here. We'd see a couple houses here and there and all I could think is what sane woman would want to have mice in their home?


The girls spent a lot of time picking mini-flowers. I think I love that most about hikes. Just having them discover and enjoy nature. I'm not all about getting to the top of the mountain, while that's great. I'd rather just enjoy the hike and watch my daughters enjoy themselves.

Christina came home the other day, "Mom. Do you know about igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks?" She was thrilled to take a couple rocks home.
Such a grand time with grand people!! It was extra special because it's been about a month since we've gotten to have a Saturday with daddy. The girls and I were very excited!!!

No comments: