Saturday, July 2, 2011

Artown Opening Night Extravaganza 2011

Sometimes you hear moms that are all talk... but I have the proof. They really are the best little friends and little people in the whole wide world. We are so excited for Artown this year! The venue (McKinley Art Center) was a perfect spot and there seemed to be even more fun activities this year for the kids to dig into!!
 We were so happy to meet Ram and the girls there. The weather wasn't too hot and there was plenty of shade to rest in! First stop on the agenda.... FACE PAINTING!!!!! The lady who painted the girls faces was joking but she couldn't have said it better. Once they paint your child's face, there is no other face painting. It really is spectacular and I hope the girls have fun memories of it!





 Christina got a dolphin in the Hawaiian sunset. Maria chose pink and purple flowers and a butterfly.

 We got to decorate T-shirts, make giant posies out of recycled material.....


 Paint a giant mural, play bubbles, do playdough, color ancient Egyptian art pages from the NV Art Museum....



 Get messy with some chalk art... I was amazed, because at this point we'd been there 3 hours doing stuff nonstop and the girls didn't even want to break for dinner!!

And then we wrapped up the festivities with some maraca making, hat making and hula hooping. It was spectacular!!! God bless the people who put it on!! And can I just say how amazed I am that my girls are so enthusiastic and excited about the whole creating and exploring process. I watch them and am taken aback at just how beautiful they are. I cannot look at them without knowing that there is a God who truly loves us and blesses us each day. To me they are absolute proof in the divinity of our Father because nothing so special could ever have been created by anything less.

No comments: