Monday, July 18, 2011

Total Madness and Freakishness

Let me just say that I am completely not ready and fully disgruntled that my daughters are choosing to grow up and move on to "bigger" concepts in life.

A while back they wanted to test drive sleeping by themselves in their own room. I had nothing to do with it, but if they wanted to "try".... why not? 2 days later they were back in our room. I sighed a sigh of relief and life was well.

Then about 3 weeks ago they decided they wanted to do it again and have a "sleepover" in the princess room. After 2 weeks of them having "sleepovers" every night, I told them if they keep on sleeping in there we'll get them new beds. Well, they were super stoked and excited. They are fully sleeping on their own... no problems. No tears. No hesitation. No screaming that they desperately need me and want me by their side every moment. I don't know what that's all about. It's bizarre and wrong. It all just seems so natural yet freakishly my heart yearns to beat right next to theirs while we sleep.

However, who am I to deny them from "moving on". They have each other, they are peaceful and I just pray very hard every night that we'll be safe. Thanks Papa and Yaya and Yaya Sofia for going in thirds with us on the beds. They have pillowtop mattresses that are super comfy and should last a long time!

Just as a sidenote. I slept with my folks until I was 16 or so. I really feel like I'm being gypped... I was hoping for at least 10 more years!!!

1 comment:

jaacs said...

What a pretty room! And what awesome beds!!

Your girls are getting so big. How fun!! And yay for another baby coming along to have in the room with you once more, huh? Love ya!