Monday, July 11, 2011

Our 2nd Grader






Christina started 2nd grade today. You'd think I'd be OK since she's had a full year of school but for some odd reason, I cried. I hate being away from her. She had to line up by a bunch of big kids and I was just really nervous. I'm sure her teacher will be very nice, but I feel like I was pressured into having her instead of choosing who I wanted. We'll see what happens. I'm just so glad her and Lily are together. And I love that Maria wanted to be in the picture with them.

Christina had a very nice Father's blessing yesterday that talked how she would be such a great example to those around her. She is just such a joy and she's sharp as a whip. Maria has been quiet all day and asking when she'll be done. I feel like crawling into bed and just staring at the clock. I don't know what'd I do without Maria. Thank goodness it's 2 years before she goes full time. I feel depressed. And there aren't any good napoleons in town to wallow my sorrow in. Sheesh. Because good napoleons have a rasberry gel type layer and it just isn't happening.... anywhere. I've looked.

One comforting thought is that there are only 16 students in her class. That makes me very happy. That's heavenly if it stays like that. I'll take a small class size any day. I just wish this knot in my stomach would go away.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

Aw. Poor Mama. I wish I even knew how to make some. I'd drive out and bake up a batch and distract you from the clock for a bit. Hugs and love to you!!

And YAY for the big girl. How fabulous to have such a small class...and especially a small one that includes a good friend! I hope that you have a fantastic year, Christina!