Randomly I had this goal about 2 months ago that I'd like to run around our neighborhood loop which is 2.3 miles. "Run" as in jog without walking. I tried and just about died. I came home and thought I was in the middle of an asthma attack...
Needless to say, I didn't try again for awhile.
But randomly on Tuesday I decided I'd go for it again. Within the week I was able to jog the whole freaking 2.3 miles.
2.3 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On my 5th attempt!!!!
Factors that I attribute this success to:
1.Heavenly Father
2. Night time and fear of being killed or eaten by wild dogs & things hiding in bushes
3. Music
4. Cool Weather
5. No wind
6. Good shoes and stealing Joe's running socks
I'm going to see if I can keep it up. Who knows, maybe I can lose 50 pounds.
That would be swell.
Understatement.
I blame Joe. Really, my motto in life is "I only run if a cop is chasing me."
And now here we are.
I have no desire to do marathons.
This is strictly because of some crazy whim.
4 comments:
You seriously are my hero! I can't believe it took you just 5 tries. I promise you I'm going to make you my half marathon buddy and we will complete one before we die.
You are amazing! Good for you!! Im thinking of trying to run the Tinkerbell half one year...mostly because it might be the only way I'm getting my husband to go to Disneyland. lol. Not this time around, though. I have a feeling it will take YEARS of training to do tha and not pass out and die. ;)
What is the loop and is there a running path? I would be totally interested in knowing all about it. Also how long did it take you? I did a half marathon a few years ago and nearly died. It was only 13 miles, but it took me over 2 hours...
Sorry...I guess I sound like a total jerk. I thought it said 23 miles until I asked you about the path yesterday. Then the light bulb finally went on. duh.
Post a Comment