Snow in the mountains in October. Makes for a beautiful drive over the pass. I was surprised because I felt like I was even embracing it... getting all ready for the holiday season coming. It's exciting. I'm sure I'll be done with the cold by next week or tomorrow.
We decided to spend the day before in Sacramento. What to do? Fairytale land of course!! And the Zoo!!
Everyone had fun, but Eli especially! He loved everything about it!! I think it made the girls even more excited because they could show him around and take him down slides. They are such good big sisters.
Maria did her mini-marathon on the crooked mile.... 4 times. My runner!!
And then my camera broke. As well as my sanity.
How, as a mother of beautiful children who are just the funnest bunch ever, am I supposed to live without a camera? To document the joys and awesomeness.
It was tres bizzare because everything I saw was like a picture that I knew my stale mind would forget and it was tres depressing.
Tres drepessing.
Thank you, 6 years of french. You've served me tres well.
Fortunately my fabulous birthers have decided to give me their camera. Really, I am a spoiled rotten child. Thanks Papa and Yaya.
We stayed with my Aunty Sheila who I just adore. She made a great dinner and had the girls helping her. They had a blast cooking together. After bed, I stayed up awhile and watched reality TV with her. It was great!! I'd never seen these shows, Scared Straight & Jershey Shore. Scared Straight was just plain interesting. I enjoyed the way the prisoners heckled and threatened these punk children. I enjoyed watching them cry for some odd reason. Jershey Shore was ridiculous. I couldn't even believe that these were real human beings. The word "meat" was pulsing unspoken through everything they did. Totally bizarre. But awesome because I was watching it with my Aunt.
Plus Aunty Sheila has the most comfortable bed EVER. It was the bed that all the siblings were on & broke while taking care of Nana. Good memories.
Next stop was Aunt Pam's. Erin, Aunt Sheila & Aunt Pam threw a beautiful shower. Aunt Pam's backyard is gorgeous and even has a magical fairy section according to the ladies. Elijah had fun playing on the basketball court and the food was delicious. All the kiddos had a blast playing with their cousin Carson. Carson is a total love bug!!! He was giving hugs, kisses and playing so nicely. I'm so glad that the cousins are just tender and so kind. I love seeing them play together.
We headed home, but stopped for dinner in Roseville at a place called John's Incredible Pizza Co.
Incredible indeed.
If Chucky Cheese became a meth addict and bred with a bloody crusted liver, I'm positive it'd be more pleasant that John's Incredible Bat Sh*t Crazy Pizza Co.
And I'm not really one for swearing.
But seriously, this was a kidnappers paradise.
A girl threw up right in front of us. Quote Maria, "Ew. I see her macaroni and cheese."
We all felt dirty. And had the runs, not so incredibly, the day after.
But that feels wrong to end the post that way so....
We're so excited Daren and Hannah. They are going to be great parents. Hooray for more cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment