Friday, January 4, 2013

A Date With Christinoula


I had to crop my face because it looked like I ate 3 people, a horse & your dad's RV. However, other than my after holiday plumpness aside, we had been planning to take our sweet daughter out to celebrate her baptism. Just the 3 of us!!
I can't even count the number of times I wanted to cry because it was so nice to just focus on her.
To focus on what a beautiful girl she is.
To focus on what a polite and kind hearted soul she is.
She was so happy. She smiled the entire time and so did we!!

She was the boss for the night. She wanted to eat at Olive Garden so we enjoyed a fine meal with great conversation. Next she was thinking about an indoor archery range but before we left, my dad was super sweet. He gave her $20 and said to buy dessert and have a little extra fun! She was so excited. She had the money in her purse and decided she really wanted to go to build a bear. Since Papa was footing half the bill, we decided we'd head on over.

I'm just so grateful she's not growing up too fast. I know a bunch of 8 year olds that would probably want to see a movie or go to a Justin Beiber concert, but our lil' munchkin wanted to get a stuffed animal. I loved Build a Bear. Everyone was flamingly happy and wonderful.

Fluff me indeed.



Meet Victoria, the tabby cat. Christina was really thoughtful and got a bear for her sister too. It was $5. Score.

For Thanksgiving, the girls had these envelopes we wrapped for them. Each day they opened a layer of paper and me and Joe wrote down a reason we are thankful for them. The last day was an "official" $5 gift certificate to Claire's. Christina and I were super excited because it was a Christmas clearance!! She gave Maria a bunch of treats from Claire's which was very thoughtful.

In all honesty, I think daddy would have preferred the archery range. But he was a GREAT sport and let us shop till we dropped. When Eli turns 8, I'm sure I'll have to go to a football game and freeze. :)

It was a great time!!! Thanks Yaya and Papa for watching the babes so we could enjoy our special time together!!

No comments: