Ok. I'm just going to come out and say it.
I like these books even better than Harry Potter.
I love Harry Potter. My mind is not working right now to go into a deep comparison. But these past few weeks of reading with the girls has been utterly awesome times infinity. Even Joe has caught the majority of the readings and agrees this book series is just amazing.
We just finished the Mark of Athena. Yes. I cried. There are 2 more books yet to be written and we were all in shock at the ending. But not to the point of wanting to send death threats to Rick.
I just love the characters. UNDERSTATEMENT.
Percy and Annabeth.
Percy and Annabeth.
Leo!!!
Nico di Angelo.
Piper and Jason.
Hazel.
Frank. I know they're going to kill Frank. I just have a weird feeling.
Did I mention Percy and Annabeth? Seriously. They are the best.
Percy can control water. It's flipping awesome.
I love them.
Did I mention Percy and Annabeth? Seriously. They are the best.
Percy can control water. It's flipping awesome.
I love them.
Not to mention that my girls are Ancient Greek & Roman history buffs and can count roman numerals.
The way it's written is just such a good balance. It's funny. It's real. It's mythical. It's thrilling. It's clever. It's all interlaced perfectly in detail. It's written from different character view points which only makes you love the characters more. There's diversity! Plus there are plenty of books!
I really think we've read all 8 books within the last 2 months. That's about 3,000 pages. We go on binges during the weekends and read for hours.
But now... alas... we must wait.
I feel so emotionally drained. I can't believe we have to wait. Where do we even go from here?
I was thinking maybe we could start the Little House on The Prairie series but how can one go from black Stygian iron from the underworld to a tree ax. How can one go from Arion (fastest horse in the world that can run on water), Blackjack (a beautiful black Pegasus with a New York attitude) & Temptest (an untamed wind spirit horse) to covered wagons. How can one go from Bacchus' raging diet Pepsi parties in the coliseum to Ma & Pa braiding someone's hair?
Where do we go from here?
In August The Sea of Monsters comes out. Hopefully they wont BUTCHER it like the first movie.
Then we wait for The House of Hades in the fall.
....
Rick Riordan better not die.
At least we'll have Maria's Percy Jackson Party in February.
** Update: We had a friend come over and the girls were trying to get their friend addicted to the series too. Kind of funny. At dinner we were talking:
Maria: "Ok!!! Mom. (Giggle, giggle) Christina has a love on NICO!!!"
Me: "Do you mean a crush?"
Christina: "MARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "Christina, I don't know why you care. If I wasn't married to daddy I would have a crush on Leo."
Maria: "Well do you want to know who I like?"
Me: "Obviously, yes."
Maria: "I love alllllllllllllllllllllll the boys."
** Update: We had a friend come over and the girls were trying to get their friend addicted to the series too. Kind of funny. At dinner we were talking:
Maria: "Ok!!! Mom. (Giggle, giggle) Christina has a love on NICO!!!"
Me: "Do you mean a crush?"
Christina: "MARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "Christina, I don't know why you care. If I wasn't married to daddy I would have a crush on Leo."
Maria: "Well do you want to know who I like?"
Me: "Obviously, yes."
Maria: "I love alllllllllllllllllllllll the boys."
1 comment:
haha...oh, I'm so glad you added that last bit. How cute are they?! Sounds like some good books. We'll have to check them out. :)
Post a Comment