This was a good meal. I had such a wonderful time preparing for Passover this year. The girls and I studied from Exodus and it was beautiful to talk about this miraculous story. We have the plagues down pat (the girls used play dough to mold a plague while I read to them) and then they brainstormed everything important we need to understand about the story. They came up with a really thoughtful list including these few, "Do things the first time you are told. Be humble, not hard hearted. Slavery is never good, fight for freedom."
I don't think I've ever had pure grape juice.... everyone loved it! I had found a script and added quite a bit to emphasize the connection to Christ and the Resurrection. The girls prepared the Charoset and did a great job reading along.
We watched The 10 Commandments... Maria was a little confused at first... why is he kissing his mom like that? Of course, it wasn't his mom. But it was good to compare it to the real story too and see that Hollywood tends to not get everything quite straight.
Oh how I love you Grumpy Cat.
2 comments:
LOL. Grumpy Cat is hilarious. Love it!
I loved this post. :)
:) Fun tradition. Seriously don;t know how you manage to do so much with your kids. Personally I can't wait for bedtime.
Post a Comment