This guy is a keeper. Even though he is a sprinkler head murderer, we would be nothing without him.
Eli is just like his dad in that he loves to eat, is laid back, super funny and semi-hyper.
They both enjoy soccer, basketball, and anything water related.
Also, they both enjoy Joe's truck.
Maria is like her daddy in that she is very caring. She loves to help just like him. They both are super smart. She also could probably run a marathon right by his side. I wouldn't put it past them to have that accomplished by the time she's 16.
Christina is like Joe in that she is reflective and enjoys thinking deeply about things. She is a leader just like her daddy. (I'd say the same about Maria too) She sets a good example and can be counted on, just like Joe.
Jojo is like his father in that they both know exactly who is God. Their faith is unshakable.
Plus, they both love me in a way I can feel deep to the center of the eternities.
Joe is the best father anyone could ever dream of for their children. He's never once complained about diapers, he's always there to compliment and encourage the children. He reads with them. He plays and plays and plays. And he always provides. We are never hungry. If we have a flat tire we can call him and he'll be there in 10 minutes. He'll use a crappy jack and almost cut off his hand, but he'll get the spare on and then stay with us at Les Schaub's (sp??) while we snack on popcorn and water for 2 hours. 2 hours! But it's all ok because it ends up being free. And we got popcorn.
True story. 1 week later on Father's Day Joe gets a flat tire at church.
Which brings us to part 2 of Father's Day. I can't believe I didn't remember to get any pictures of the kiddos with Papa. This will have to do.
My dad is also one who can be counted on to rescue. Papa is the best dad and grandpa. The kids love to play with him and enjoy being spoiled by him. He is always there when we need help. Eli adores his Papa and iphone. My dad is clever, witty and always ready to serve.
The kiddos made cards and art for their special guys. We also got them chocolate and Star Trek. I attempted Lemon Rolls, which turned out. I couldn't believe it. It took me a good hour to figure out why the yeast wasn't bubbling... thank you pinch of sugar.
Thanks to our wonderful Daddy and Papa for being the great men you are!! I think the most important thing is that they are worthy Priesthood holders. It's such a comfort to know that they can call down the powers of heaven to bless our lives whenever we need.
Lastly, one must acknowledge the hand of The Almighty. God the Father. Christ the Creator.
Maria had 2 flat tires on her bike and it was going to be $30 to fix at Scheel's. And yet after an hour, the guy couldn't find any leaks and it was free. Miracles. Miracles. Miracles. They always watch over us. Their infinite mercy surrounds us. We are so blessed!!
Happy Father's Day!!
1 comment:
What a nice ode to the fathers. I really like how you wrote this post. And I love your dad in his picture.
Post a Comment