We had a great little trip to Sacramento on Friday. It was cut short due to a health problem and we weren't able to go to our cousin's graduation. We were all sad, but more concerned about getting healthy!! We have such a loving and understanding family.... we'll see them soon to celebrate. We enjoyed a lovely and easy drive down. The girls did math and read the whole way. We ate at Sizzler in Auburn and had a pretty decent meal... for Sizzler/Shizzler.
We spent a good 4 hours playing in the wonderful hotel pool before we had to leave. It was super hot, at least 110 degrees, but with the water we didn't feel a thing. We had the pool all to ourselves... it was heavenly. A few people came in and out and one little boy decided he wanted to pee in the pool. Awkward. Keep your pants on little man. Keep 'em on.
Christina was doing great in the deep end and Maria even swam across a few times. Eli loved playing motor boat and kicking around. We had a safe trip back and the mountains were absolutely gorgeous in the twilight. The girls crashed in the backseat and Eli stayed awake because what baby really needs sleep, right? Glad people are on the mend!! We'll try again next time!!
Saturday morning we found a wheel chair for $3!!!!!! Garage sales at Pebble Creek proved a little disappointing. The prices were too high and they can keep their junk. But we got a wheel chair for $3!!!!!! And a guy offered to buy Joe a beer, so life is well.
We hit the art museum, but it was just too hot. We didn't stay very long at all. I was sad because the art project was something we've already done lots of times. The girls enjoyed it.
And as luck would have it, when we headed home Raley's was having their block party with FREE hot dogs and treats. We had cake, root beer floats, salad, fruit and hot dogs. I didn't have a hot dog. I honestly think it's been 8 years since I've had a hot dog. They had firemen there that were super nice. Eli loved driving the fire truck but I could tell the size of the truck made him a little nervous. I love FREE MEALS!!!!!!!!!!
Joe didn't like the 10 minute wait for the hot dog. But he was just bitter because the lady didn't offer him a water.
Eli loves his "creamies". When he has an ice cream, all is well.
He was pooped!! We ended up going to wild waters to wrap up the day. It was perfect. I love having Joe home on Saturdays... it's the best!!
No comments:
Post a Comment