Sunday was one of those days.
It started off with me going to the hospital to visit my mother. I saw something disturbing and told the nurse, who brushed me off. 2 minutes later another nurse comes in and confirms what I saw. Hopefully mommers will be on the mend soon. We love her so much and just want her to be healthy.
WC meeting cramped and hot. I feel like I'm going to barf and the door is blocked.
Eli puts too much snack in his mouth during sacrament and barfs on me. Not spit up, full stomach/mouth version.
5 teachers and the piano player are going to be gone. We have 1 substitute and I forgot to mention, 1 counselor gone. No one is in nursery... so somehow teenagers end up in there?
A new member who has been a team teacher for the past year comes up to the piano, where I'm subbing. We have a new teacher for her class, because the other one was called to be the Relief Society President. I haven't had a chance to tell her that there will be a new teacher and honestly, I wasn't sure if she was going to stay in primary. So I tell her that she can team teach like before, take our CTR 5 class which we didn't have a teacher for, or just double check with the Bishop because he had mentioned she was a ward missionary and I didn't know if they needed her in the Gospel Essentials class. I sit down to play and 2 minutes later she is in tears in the back talking to the first counselor who was there to give a small talk to the kids. I go up to him after and he assumed that I said that she was going to be released. Fun times. Like I would ever do that.
Have to go to nursery to tell the teenagers to leave. Joe helps and stays in nursery.
Lessons go great in Primary.
Come home, very smokey, feel sick. Did I mention the night before I was at a baptism and filled in as chorister, pianist and gave a short talk?
Eli is tired because he went to bed super late with Joe the night before, ends up having a "fit" and is put to bed by 6. But I must say, if I give him a big hug he'll always calm right down within seconds. He's my sweetie.
I decide to break the Sabbath, which I rarely do, to watch a movie. The movie is about a tsunami in Thailand. It's intense, emotional and leaves me even rawer than I already am. Lesson learned. Plus there was this gross scene where she gets sick, and I don't think I'll ever be the same.
9:30 I'm in bed reading the Ensign. The first message I read is Elder Uchtdorf talking about seasons. How we have to have those bad times, to really appreciate the good. As I reflected on the message, I was just so grateful that I would be reading those words after a rough day. The day had actually started out with me turning on the radio, which I don't do on Sundays, and Mariah Carey's Brush it Off came on. My beginning and ending made me smile. God does watch over and will help. I do appreciate these days that suck because it means I can survive. I can go on. And my appreciation for everyday life that is so smooth and wonderful is tenfold.
I have the best children in the world. At one point, I was getting ready to start dinner and I just started crying. Christina lovingly hugged me and told me that it's OK.
12AM Maria barfs... but she makes it to the toilet. She got 10 points on her helper chart for that one! She ends up getting the flu and is sick again in the morning.
Did I mention Yaya Sofia is sick with a bad cold, she can barely talk?
Monday is movie day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will rest and just veg out and relax!!!!!!!!! And I'm going to check out prices for Hawaii... seriously. !!!!!!!!!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment