Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hunter Creek Falls - 4 miles

 
On our summer bucket list was a hike... and boy did we hike!
We started out with a bribe, if they made it with no complaints I would buy them Kung Fu Panda 3. It worked!!!
 
It was dreadfully hot and we were not prepared. The kids needed thicker socks and of course we ran out of water.
 
In my defense, I did think it was only a 1 mile hike there and back. I don't know why.



 
It was very pretty and it was wonderful to just breathe some fresh air together. I really feel like nature heals the soul.




 
 
I carried Ella the whole time and rocked it. I felt so strong and energized. It was amazing. DAD!!! Sign me up for half dome!!



 
THE KIDS!!! WOW!!! Can't believe their stamina and willingness to just plug through it. We did get to a point though where I knew it wasn't safe if we didn't have water. It was a good analogy in that we will never make it without the living water- Jesus Christ in our lives. The water was so refreshing and is what carried us through the heat.


 
Eli could have done this all day. This boy!!!!!! Just where his energy needs to go!!! I have to do this way more often. He was literally hopping on the last leg of the journey. I know he will sleep good tonight and I will always cherish holding his hand as we walked together.

 
Poor Nina. She was so done at the end. But she made it!!! So proud of EVERYONE!!!!

 

 
We had ice cream after and large large large cups of ice water!!! Think everyone is recouperated!!!
 
We'll try again in the fall when the weather is cooler!! We'll make it, sometimes it just takes a few tries.
 
I also have to mention there were these really nice ladies that heard we had run out of water and gave us theirs so the kiddos could have some. It was so kind. A guy who ran the whole way offered some to us when we were done (we were drinking out of fountain and he said he had better quality water). Just nice people, such blessings of kindness.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

You guys are amazing!!! We went on a one mile hike a few weeks ago and I complained most of the time. HAHA! Four miles!!!! AMAZING!!!