Our insurance agent gives us free tickets to movies and it is awesome!!! Jody wasn't able to make it, so I went with Eli and boy.... did we have a good time!!! Eli is great company!!!
A preview came on with guns and bombs and I whispered, that looks a bit much. He replied, "That looks awesome." Such a boy. We enjoyed the movie, it was hilarious and then headed downtown for something to eat. He wanted hot dogs, so I took him for a hot dog at Chicago Dogs. We had a strawberry milkshake and played $2 worth of pack man on the arcade machine.
We talked about school, and friends, mine craft, and Christmas. He held my hand and I was so grateful because he's little. He'll only be little for so long and as I stared at him as he enjoyed his whip cream from the shake, his sweet curls and bright eyes.... I was profoundly grateful for who he is.
He drives me nuts at times, but he is the best little helper. He is quick to volunteer. He's my favorite to go hiking with. He loves to cook and will always gather the upstairs garbage for me without complaint.
On the way home, I told him about George Michael (we were listening to the radio Christmas music) and how one time someone had said they didn't like his song, "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart...." I told him how when the person said that, a small village of gay Christmas elves died because that person had no love for Christmas magic. Poof. Gone. Like they had never existed. Eli responded that it was the most horrible thing he ever heard and then asked me if that really happened. To which I replied probably.
Eli is lego man. Mine craft man. Artist. Math man.
He's a sweetheart and I'm grateful for the one on one time with him. The girls were in 7th heaven at Papa's binge watching Netflix. Even at church Ella was explaining to someone that they go to Papa's because he has a really big TV and nice computer. And lots of snacks.


No comments:
Post a Comment