Saturday, November 11, 2017

Veteran's Day Parade


The Veteran's Day Parade was just like previous years except the weather was gorgeous.
I always feel so sentimental at these things and tear up constantly.


Reagan came over to say hello!!! We had no clue she was in ROTC.


The parade started late and the littles were a bit wired.





It's such an admirable thing, to be a soldier. To fight for your country. To be a part of brave souls who sacrifice so much for our safety.

And yet, I hate that we have to have wars. That there has to be so much turmoil. I'm sickened by mankind and the fact that we can't seem to just love.

Eli got a soldier costume for Halloween and I wonder, is this violence what he is destined for?
I hope not, as a mother.

I'm so grateful to Veterans, to men and women who serve. My life would not be what it is if it weren't for the souls they are.

No comments: