Some people do cruises or a special trip. We went to Carson City for dinner, with a stow away because I wrote a birthday party date wrong on the calendar.
Joe got me a plant, mnm's, roses, a card and crumble cookies. I got Joe a speedo to wear in Greece and a heart felt card. I also have not stabbed him. I'd say those gifts are meaningful and well appreciated.
I remember after a year of marriage listing things we had learned. We had learned nothing.
20 years later the list includes:
Joe
1. How to keep crystal bowls on your dresser
(We do not have one nor have we had one on our dresser for 17 years)
2. "Just write down whatever you say"
(Obviously someone is lacking enthusiasm for posterity and feels candy crush is more beneficial than telling the generations what 20 years of marriage is like)
Sofia
1. Be patient. Be more patient. And then pray to God to help you have patience.
2. Put God first and everything else will happen as it should.
3. Women and men are not equally yoked. Do not expect anything and be prepared to do it all with a good attitude until you snap.
4. You can not make choices for other people, you can only choose how you will respond to those choices. Set healthy boundaries.
5. Give. Give all you have.
6. Never underestimate the power of a good meal and a good cook.
7. Let go of expectations and be present.
8. Smart Phones suck. Never let them take priority over being with people.
9. Find the good in each other and be generous in your praise and sincerity.
10. Be there. The good, the bad. Be there for all of it.
Maria... "I bet $10 you guys are just going to end up at the Peppermill."
I guess we owe her $10.
No comments:
Post a Comment