Sunday, May 15, 2022

Nancy Kerriganed

 


Eli had an "accident" at school. When they called I thought it was Ella going for the 200th time, so I ignored. They persisted and called my work number and I ended up having to leave halfway though the day... Ty subbed for me since there are no substitutes. The nurse had told me he couldn't walk or stand. At this point I'm thinking, well why isn't he in an ambulance then? But when I picked him up he was able to hobble to the car. It was pretty swolen and he said that he had cried. I told him it is always OK to cry. We cry especially when things hurt!!

It was his first time at the nurse in his entire elementary school career. That we can remember.
We got some pho before heading to urgent care because you never know how long it will take. We ended up being seen pretty quick. Nothing was broken but unfortunately we discovered through an xray he has an abnormal knee cap and extra bone growth on it.

It was not the year for knees, I will tell you that much. It took about 3 days, but he is able to walk just fine now. Thank Heavenly Father.






No comments: