I miss my Yiaya and my mother so much it hurts sometimes. I can't believe it's real that I don't have them by my physical side. I wanted to celebrate my heritage and take the kiddos to Greek Easter. It was everything I ever could have hoped for.
We started the day a little late because the movie Bad Guys came out. Elijah read every book in the series and has been looking forward to the movie.... FOREVER!!!!
It did not disappoint.
The girls had a swim meet so we divided up and headed to Sacramento separately. We attended the midnight mass together which was lovely... just a little long. We came at 11:30PM and left at 2AM. My kids were dying!! It was hilarious. Something we are definitely not used to. The Greeks stand up for long amounts of time to show respect and reverence. There was a candle lighting ceremony and it was very special. The kids started playing with the wax, so I am glad no one got seriously burned.
The next day we headed to the morning service, which was a lot shorter! After there was the most amazing luncheon! Families brought their own picnic items and something to share. THE LAMB!!!! OMGoodness!!! We had never tasted anything like it. Jody made friends with the entire congregation and we even got authentic Indian food. There was an Easter egg hunt for the kids and it was all very classy. We had a blast. Plus it was just so nice to spend time with Thea Popi, Jackie, and our Cousins. The girls and I went shopping on the way home and Maria got an ugly frog statue at a garden center.
They are a blast. I love them so much. We are truly so blessed. As we take the time to reflect on the Savior and His resurrection, I'm grateful to know that I can one day stand before my Yaiya and mother and tell them thank you again for the wonderful life they gave me here on earth. And a huge Thank You to my Heavenly Father and Jesus for helping me and loving me through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment