I'm loving our getaways. Part of me can't believe how in love I am and how lucky I am. Part of me is absolutely terrified. My faith is strong though in God and I know whatever happens I am only in charge of my choices. Radical Acceptance. Absolutely imperative I turn to God though. Only He will get me through this.
The race was unbelievably hard. The weather was a lot colder than I expected but I warmed up quickly. The elevation was 2,634 and my pace was 11:39. It took me 2 hours and 33 minutes. My fastest mile was an 8:55 but the hills definitely slowed me down. I was feeling quite good but a lot of women were passing me. A 60 year old woman glided by as I was walking and my confidence took a dive. However, I still somehow managed to get 2nd place for my age group!!! I was absolutely stunned and grinning ear to ear!!
I am a badass and it's only because God gives me strength. Jody did a great job and finished a few minutes before me with the 10K. We ate well to say the least!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment