Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Because who really wants to be a "carriage" for Halloween?


I must admit, I don't know where it came from. But the wish has been expressed and I will not kill her Halloween spirit and creativity. My Christina wants to be a carriage, and she will be one.
Although I did take her to the Disney store in hopes she might change her mind. But she didn't. She's not a princess fiend, yet she hates bugs. So how do I describe her? She's just a really cool kid. She has love for space, disaster books, any other type of book, violins (Which on a side note I found Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin! Today for 69 cents. That means my total caldecott collection is probably up to 60 or 70. Hooray!!) She also is very spiritual. Everything around her she can link to something within the scriptures or to Jesus or Heavenly Father. For example, today she was doing tracing a whale. When she was done she showed me and added a man at the bottom "Jonah".

But my biggest happiness is this. She randomly grabs the hymn book and just starts singing. She tells me "I'm putting my babies to bed. Can you get me the Book of Mormon too?" I was thinking about it, since she was in my belly she has probably heard the Book of Mormon read to her at least 6 or 7 times. I can honestly say since she has been born I've read (at least) a chapter a day to her, everyday maybe missing like 15 days total in 4 years?? Which means Maria has heard it 3 times, going on 4. I say this only because I tend to forget things, but when I die I just want the ladies to know we were stalwart baby. We knew what was good for us and we did it.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

You ARE awesome and stalwart. I'm so impressed. That is fabulous. I wish I could say that I've done that all but 15 days. Man...I need to follow your example better. A friend and I decided to start a blog and read through the BOM by the end of the year. We are going to use the blog to bear our testimonies and to write about what we are reading and our thoughts on it.

Okay...let me rephrase...we ARE GOING TO BE starting a blog. We made it and everything but I think we are actually starting to read on Monday. I'm excited to be heeding the council and using the internet to help spread the Gospel in my own little way. I'll get you the address when we start posting stuff.

Why am I writing about the blog? Hello! This is about your awesome kiddos! I love your girlies so much. Please tell me we can make our road trip happen. It would be a blast! Also, I can't wait for pictures of her costume. What a creative little genius.

Aiko is a princess freak thanks to her Aunt. ARGH! Chris and I promised ourselves to never let her become such a fan...but then she spent the night with Auntie when we had Jac and got to see all the fun stuff her cousin had...and...well...that was the end of that one. I'm so glad we are super strict on how many toys we allow into the house. I would much rather have us swimming in books and creative play items than toys. :)

Again...what am I talking about? lol. Love ya!