I was tempted. $400.... We could do it. But then that's almost half of what we paid for Joe's car. So no. No longer tempted. I decided to keep an eye out for used power wheels at Savers, garage sales whatever. Then on craigslist it appeared! And in Reno, that doesn't happen very often. So off to the other side of town we went. We drove 25 minutes with it in our trunk held by a measly string and made it, thanks to prayers and Heavenly Father blessing us with safety.
Maria has learned a new phrase, "Barbie Jeep."
The girls started screaming excitedly, jumped right in and THEN!!! Tears. Christina was very nervous about driving Maria. BUT after 20 minutes, she was a pro and we were off man. We drove 2 blocks to the Halloween tree to say Hey. (Whenever we see trees that are cool, we talk to them and they talk back to us! It's amazing! Some toilets also speak to us, but that's another post) So 3 hours later, and after picking up another little friend who was looking on in envy, Mommy said break time. We skipped naps, had a snack and were out for another hour and drove to Nancy's house to show off the new ride. And now my daughter can drive. Wow.
I love watching them together. They have always loved each other, but now as they are a little older, they are glued at the hip. I love their best friendship.
I love their wave in unison at the end.
1 comment:
That is so sweet. We love our Barbie Jeep. I can't find the blasted charger, though, so it died about 5 weeks ago and she has been unable to drive it around the yard. Poor thing. I need to focus and figure out where that thing went before the Spring, for sure.
I can't wait for them to both be old enough for this. AiVen is really looking forward to driving JaVen around. So far, she has had to be appeased with driving around the dogs...and they wont stay in very long...so she ends up yelling at them to come back for the next 10 minutes. It is hilarious!
Also, because AiVen is mastering the Barbie Jeep, she likes to try and tell me that she is going to do the driving in my car and has claimed ownership of both the vehicles.
I wish we lived closer!! Come visit us with the car!! lol
How is Nancy? You mean Nancy S., yes? I was thinking of her the other day and wondering how she and her children were all doing. Tell her we said hello!
Post a Comment