So last Monday was my dad's 70th-ish birthday. Wow. How time just flies.
My dad is the greatest. The lesson in Relief Society was on the "lesser light", the light that you have to have to guide you to the lighthouse. Without it the ship sinks and it's aligned perfectly with the greater light. I guess there is a hymn that is written about it, but it doesn't pop into my head at the moment. So my dad is that light.
My dad is one of a kind. He was one of those that was foreordained to greatness in this life. He just "does". I don't think I've ever seen my dad not do. He used to set up the church chairs all by himself, move people by himself... now he is in the single's bishopric and gets 3 hours of sleep on Sunday before he has to go to work. One might ask how he does it, but really it's obvious... God is with Him. God has always been with Him.
My dad has been the greatest dad and now he's the best grandpa ever. Just today he took us out to breakfast, he's always telling stories to the girls, dancing with the girls, growling and playing... he just goes on and on like the energizer bunny. He even cooked for us on his birthday. (I know we're trash...) And he bar-b-ques rain or shine and fills the table with food... it's amazing.
My dad is my hero. He is the one I call when the car breaks down to come rescue us. Which happens... often.
My dad is thoughtful and generous. Really the list of qualities that he has is endless. I love my father and am so proud of all he's done in his life. He's never been to Europe yet I went. He didn't finish college, yet sent me and paid for it. He has always sacrificed for me or whoever. He always puts others first. I'm grateful to know that we will have eternity together... especially now that's he up there. Thank you miracle ear.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!!!
2 comments:
Yeay Dad. I can't believe he is 70. He doesn't look a day past 40. What's your secret Bob?
Happy Birthday Bob!! Lots of love!
Post a Comment