Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More Summertime Fun




My girls have the best tan ever. Their skin is so beautiful. Every day after nap we head outside and I lather them up with SPF 50. Yaya and Papa added to our water toys and got the girls a slip-n-slide. They love it.

On a side note, I was at the doctor's today. I'm at 37 weeks now and baby Joe has turned the right way and is ready to go when he's ready to go. He's got a strong heartbeat and is kicking quite nicely. My little girls are so patient as we sit 40 minutes waiting for the doctor and then see him for 5 minutes. They are seriously the most wonderful little angels and I'm so blessed. I don't know where the time has gone. My parents... blessed blessed blessed times infinity, ultimate show of love and devotion and dedication and support... got us central air! While Heavenly Father has blessed us with such wonderful and mild weather, we have had a few 100 degree days and I've been at complete comfort and peace. I hope that God blesses them forever... it's been a lifetime of love and spoiling, but I feel like this was the crowning moment of compassion and mercy on their part.
Joe was out of town for a conference on immigration in Denver, CO during his birthday. He was selected as one of 3 delegates from Nevada to participate in this all expense paid woo-ha. He celebrated his birthday out of town by watching a soccer match and eating too much food. This conference also provided the opportunity to find out where his African ancestors were from via DNA. Wow, eh! We celebrated by having a small bar-b-que with the fam the Saturday he returned. Joe is now 40 something and I'm glad he's lasted this long.
The girls and I went to the planetarium the other day to watch a film on horses and cowboys. The rodeo was in town but I have issues with how they treat the animals, so we stuck to the educational movie in the 1 story dome theatre. It was fantastic. At one point, one of the horses was injured and Maria started saying a prayer for the horse to be healed and feel better. They spoke a lot of Spanish in the movie tracing back the origins of cattle herding and Maria, again, turned to me and said, "I don't speak Spanish. Jody speaks Spanish." She's so brilliant! Not to leave out Christina, she was very confused on why they "branded" and burnt the baby cows. Same here child, same here.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

Yay for the slip-n-slide. We have one too and have had a lot of fun with that this summer also. We go with SPF 70 ourselves because it's just easier to put on them what I have to wear. I LOVED that we went to the Zoo and Waterworld all day last week and none of us even tanned. Yes. I'm crazy.

I'm coveting your air conditioning right now. lol. We have fans in every room and thankfully that is enough most days.