Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's.... Appetizer Par-taes!!!!!!


On New Year's Eve, we had a lovely time at Ronja's house. I didn't get any pictures, but it was a great party. The kids had a wonderful time playing together- bouncing in the bounce house (bless you Lateef) playing dress up and just enjoying each other's company. It was really nice company and I'm looking forward to joining an ethnic book group with these friends. Thanks Ram.

We had to leave a little early because we started a tradition last year of having an appetizer and board game party with the girls. This year my parents came too (and brought food up the ying yang) and it was oodles of fun!! The girls were so excited to stay up as late as they wanted. Nina could have gone 24-7 and Maria hung in there until 11:50.


I passed out at 10:30. In fact, we were playing a game and I was so tired we came up with a great rule... whoever pulled a 4 and a 1 would win the game. Maria and Christina then pulled up the next 2 cards which were a 4 and a 1 and won!!! Hooray! Mommy could pass out.... and then wake up in an hour to feed el muncho. :)

Yaya was a cut throat.

Papa and Eli danced and played. Then Papa played Selena Gomez on his I-phone at least 20+ times. I have a blackmail video of him singing to it... so watch yourself dad.... best behavior or else all 5 of the people who read my blog, including you will have quite a show.

Maria did at least 5 puzzles!

Overall, it was a great day to welcome in the new year!! 2012 is going to be rockin'.

1 comment:

Andrew and Marie Benson said...

We have an unofficial tradition of appetizers on New Year´s Eve as well but ours is much sadder. It involves Andrew and I sitting on the couch with a bowl of hot wings and a plate of artichoke dip on the coffee table. Quite festive indeed.