Sunday, January 22, 2012

THANKS Jackie!!!!!!!!

So randomly the other day I was looking online to see if there were any strollers that fit my peg perego car seat for Eli that I got at a garage sale for $10.


I happened to run across this one, but $1,109.00 seemed a bit out my budget and I value my organs, although I'm absolutely not opposed to donating. Unlike some people. Cough. Joe. Cough.

Anyways... The very next morning I wake up and have a decision, should I go visit my grandma? It's a little bit of a drive, but in the end we decided to go because we hadn't seen her in awhile. While there Jackie, my wonderful wonderful cousin-in-law comes over. Jackie is Mexican and from LA. She is just sunshine. She is the easiest person to talk to, kind, loving, a wonderful mother... seriously just one of my favorite people in the family! Plus her boys are exceptional. They are just kind little souls. Anyways, she had gotten the above pricey stroller as a gift from her mother's boyfriend. She doesn't plan on having any more children and was going to sell it on craigslist... but when she saw our van, she rushed over and offered it to us! I was a little hesitant, I only say a little, because let's face it.... this is the Cadillac of all strollers.... because I knew she could make some money. But she is super thoughtful and insisted, and voila!! We have an awesome awesome awesome times infinity stroller.

It's all terrain. Easy to maneuver. Lightweight. Great handle height. And fabulous. Such a blessing in our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jackie times a million!!!!!!!!! I really see it as a miracle. Plus, my grandma stocked us up with cereal, soap, toilet paper and paper towels. WE ARE SO SPOILED!!!!!!!! It's not even funny. I have a testimony that paying tithing and giving back to the Lord the pittance He asks will facilitate the blessings the prophet Malachi declares, "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Chapter 3 verse 10)

I just hope one day I can be as generous as all the people around me.

No comments: