Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Tale of Edna and Edgar

* Disclaimer: This IS NOT a story about me and Jody. I know by saying that, you might think I'm lying.... but I try not to lie anymore. It was a bad habit as a teenager. So again this really isn't about me and Joe.

Edna and Edgar are two old farts who love each other. They drive each other nuts and sometimes the people around them because they bicker like old farts... and well, they also sometimes smell like old farts. Not really. But really.

So Edgar randomly invites some friends over to the house. He tells Edna and she gets upset. No one is beaten but a lover's spat ensues and Edgar decides to just call up the friends, uninvite them and just move on with the day. Edna wins.

Or does she?

The doorbell rings. The friends have come!! They didn't get the message that was left on their phone and Edgar and Edna quickly set the table. AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, it's a lovely dinner, as usual because Edgar is a wonderful cook. Although, a random silent fart at the table is let loose and everyone is too polite to say anything... but it was completely rancid. Anyways, the friends have come with a special quote they want to leave Edgar and Edna... the quote talks about forgiveness and having a positive attitude. Edna starts to get emotional and let's face it, takes one in the rear. She tells the friends that her and Edgar had a lover's spat, called them and uninvited them. It was nothing personal, and she was so grateful for their company and message... The friends then informed her that their phone is BROKEN and they don't get messages on it!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Ah. They would have never known. FUN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is a God of miracles. A message was given, a lesson was learned, apologies and forgiveness were present... and it was just a good teaching experience to all involved. Arguments and friction are not worth it. Good attitudes and thankful hearts are a must. And in all things, have a sense of humor.

1 comment:

RamyaF said...

Seriously, I was just lying when I said our phone was broken. We totally got the message but wanted to make you and Joe uncomfortable. Or should I say you and Edgar!