Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly Happenings

Maria had school spirit week...  Crazy hair day and Hawaiian Day. We didn't do Jersey day because in all honesty, I'm still not sure Maria could identify the differences between a football, soccer ball or baseball. But she is halfway done with her first chapter book- Junie B. Jones is NOT a crook!


Christina's glasses broke. Daddy accidentally sat on them. Maria had fallen, he was comforting her, it was a little hectic and bam. Right in half. This is making reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban a little more slow for her. She finished Chambers and is on a roll. She's a little nervous and at family prayer, the prayer was all about Harry Potter and how she hopes she doesn't get too scared about the forest but how grateful she is for Harry Potter, etc.... I so owe her a Harry Potter Party!! I can't wait to throw it!! Maria however does NOT want to stay for the movie. She's quite adamant that it's just way too scary. I don't blame her. Gremlins freaked me out and scarred me as a child. Some movies where black shadowy figures sucking unicorn blood can do that.


Ah, my primary blog. I feel like I've been spending way to much time trying to defend a doctrine that children are pure before the age of 8. A lot of people think that children have sins that are washed away at baptism, but this simply isn't true. Anyways, it was good to brush up on the subject and reread the words of the apostles. Great timing, because I just found this ACDC shirt... thank you highway to hell. I have a new friend at the thrift store I like A LOT. He doesn't care about rules or being a stickler for prices. If you ask politely, he'll lower a price for you. Did I mention I like him A LOT? He also sings over the intercom.

Such great kiddos!!!! Understatement!!!

Oh! And how on earth could I forget? The kids got sick this week and Maria and Elijah had ear infections. I spilt his lovely bright pink medicine all over our white carpet too.
Yummy. I haggled the insurance company for 30 minutes and got them to cover a new prescription! Fun times.
Eli started clapping this week... and I know I could be nuts, but it sounds like he's saying "Yeah!!" when he does it!

No comments: