Monday, June 17, 2013

Frat Father's Day Bar-B-Que

 
Saturday was a lovely day! Joe's fraternity had organized a bar-b-que at a wonderful location that was just perfect. There was a park with a spray feature and swings. The weather was wonderfully hot and we spent just the right amount of time here before heading to the Condo pool across the street.







 
Maria spent a good 30 minutes on the swings and Eli was also as happy as a clam! But really, are clams happy? Supposedly it's as happy as a clam at 'high water', where there are no predators for the clams to worry about. But is happiness merely avoiding being eaten? I guess only clams can say.



 
Joe's brothers. Supposedly one is a top military official to President Obama. Insert air quote marks.
I felt bad because there was a new wife there and her husband forgot that there would be swimming. It was seriously too hot to not be swimming. Plus the guy who was in charge of the meat forgot, so the food wasn't ready until 3. We started at 10.
.....
.....
Fun Frat times!!!

The girls had a blast with their friend Nia. She is a sweetheart.


A poem about phones:

Phones are crap
Time wasting zap
Better than a spinal tap
Not really....

I spent about 2 hours in the morning baking cookies and brownies. No one ate any brownies, but then one lady did take about 10 home. So did the brownies impress anyone? Yes. Maria, Christina and Eli. All is well. My dad ate some too and Joe said he liked them. But I can't believe anything Joe says because he recently revealed to me he was female when he was born. Not really. But really. Kind of, yes. Just remember the meat people. Remember the meat.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

LOL! I love your commentary...and that poem! ha! I am also cracking up at the shaka signs because, lets face it, outside of HI, it looks a tad silly. lol.

I did want to comment on how awesome your pics are!! Seriously, you are quite the photog. It is easy to have happen when you have such cuties to take pics of though, I'm sure. :)

Does Joe mind that you call it a "Frat"?? My husband glares at me when I say it. hahahaha....which I like to do just to mess with him...and then follow it with "Booyah!!"

*sigh*

I think any mature bone I had must have died the moment I got married...and I wasn't all that mature to begin with...so that's really not saying much. lol

Love ya!