This picture doesn't really do justice to Eli's 2 year old well check.
First off, Eli was extremely polite and saying, "No thank you" to the weight check, height check... he wasn't thrilled, but didn't cry as I managed to force him on the scale. In hindsight, he probably knew the horror awaiting him.
Our pediatrician is super. He's a nice guy, laid back and loves big families, seeing as he has one himself. I told him we were expecting and he said he couldn't wait to see the new one!
He was extra gentle with Eli and even tried to listen to the baby's heart beat in my tummy. He asked if Eli was putting together 2-3 words at a time.
I looked at him....
and said yes.
And then the fun part. The nurse asked if I wanted a flu mist for him. I wasn't sure but she recommended it strongly saying it really helped out the little ones. As she was spraying his nose, which he wasn't excited about, he thrashed his head a little. Well, all of the sudden blood starts gushing.
I was a little panicked and asked if he was having an allergic reaction. She assured me he wasn't.
He wouldn't lie still to let her put pressure on his nose, so now the blood is spraying.
His mouth is close to that of a vampire's, there's blood on the wall, floor, me, the nurse....
He bled for 10 minutes straight at least. The nurse felt horrible, but what can you do.
We walked out of the office looking like we'd been in a bar fight.
EVERYONE was staring at us.
Oh and did I mention, during all the blood flow she still manages to shoot him with the immunization.
1 comment:
Oh gosh!! What a nightmare that must have been. Poor guy!!! J1 is a gusher and it is a blood bath whenever she gets a bloody nose, too. I feel your pain and don't doubt that it took 10minutes. Crazy little bleeders!!! I'm glad that at least that is all over.
Post a Comment