Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The First Real Snow of the Season!!!

 
Yesterday there was quite the commotion and anticipation of today's artic storm.
We did get released from school an hour early which was nice... but honestly, after a few hours, it had already melted off our driveway completely.

 
Thank goodness for my cousins! We have the best gear for Elijah. I was so surprised but he played outside in the snow for a good 20 minutes. He fell once and didn't like that, but after a kiss and wipe was right back to following his sisters.


 
I sent the girls to school without boots because they outgrew last years. However, the roads were so good afterschool that we headed over to Costco (which was empty... that was a first!) and got couple pairs! Thanks for the tip Ram! They are really nice ones. I'm also thinking we might invest in nice waterproof gloves for the girls. Their mittens always soak through.

 
Loving our $10 Gap jacket from Savers.

 
I will never be defeated by snow. I refuse to believe in winter. Actually the thought of boots is a very suffocating idea for me. I guess if I had too.....


 
After the kiddos played Nativity. Elijah was Baby Jesus. Lately, when Maria tries to hug/cuddle/kiss him he will loudly tell her to quote, "Stop killing me!!!!!!!!!" Today, since he knew he was playing the part of Baby Jesus it was, "STOP KILLING BABY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
Also, while talking on the phone today Eli said, "I probably just going to play. Or go to Michaels."
I love that he uses the word probably.

2 comments:

jaacs said...

lol. Love it! Too cute! You must have sent that weather our way! We have quite a bit of snow and the wind chill has us between -20 and -40 for the next two days. Boo!!! But super loving that we homeschool and can stay in our warm home! Seriously, that is a huge perk that goes in my "pro" list. :)

Angela said...

Totally you, wearing flip flops in snow! Ha! I am seriously jealous of all your snow this year. The second we move, you guys get dumped on with snow, luckies!