Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Carson turns 3!!

 
What a fun time we had going to Sacramento to celebrate our cousin's birthday!! Since Ella has been such a champion, we decided to head down and enjoy some cake. It was really nice to see all the little boys together!!

 
The girls were in 7th heaven with Heidi the dog. Erin let them feed her a bunch of things and they ran many a lap together.

 
Regina and James. She's due with her first son in June! We can't wait!!


 
We sure do love our family!! It was so fun to sing with our Aunts and play tag and enjoy the beautiful warm weather.

 
Eli is always so amazing. No nap. Out in the sun the whole time. And just plain awesome!! He is such a happy kid, well mannered, and fun. He really took to James (Regina's stepson) and had a great time digging in the dirt.

 
Eli took pictures and did a wonderful job as noted in the picture of above and below.


 
There is Carson with his gorgeous curls!! I wish I had gotten a better shot, but when Erin emails me a couple pictures I'll be sure to add them in. I was feeding Ella as she had slept in the car the entire way there and back. Erin has a very comfortable and happy home, I enjoyed feeding Ella and watching all the kids destroy her playroom. I felt so bad!!! But they all had such a good time. Erin has great toys!!!

 
Erin had a friend who had a baby a week before Ella. It was nice to talk about labor and feeding and all that good stuff!



 
On the way back we stopped to go to the bathroom. Christina had just learned extensively about the Donner Party and was excited to know that we were just 6 miles from where they camped.
 
Miracle of miracles. We could have ended up Donner Party style stranded!!! We got home and the very next day our tire was shredded and completely FLAT!!! I'm so grateful the Heavenly Father spared us the misery of being stuck in the mountains. It is such a blessing and a good reminder to always have my emergency pack in the car... especially on road trips!! We would have been up a creek stuck in the cold because we were only prepared for the sunshine of California!!
Thank you Heavenly Father for watching over us and for safe travel.

No comments: