Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

 
The leprechauns were a little tired. However, they love tradition and seeing happy faces of children, so they made a mess of green, wrote a poem, and got ready for this fun day!

 
They left some treats for the girls to make.

 
And while at school, left some rainbow treats! Play dough and a rainbow string hunt with a treasure at the end!!


 
They were so excited for the hunt!!! I was a little annoyed that the leprechauns would make a maze out of our backyard but the girls were so helpful to clean up!!



 
Eli was excited because sissies were excited. He was screaming and jumping all around. The treasure was some clearance lip gloss, hair glitter, rainbow socks and slippers!! Their first pair!!!



We did rainbow spaghetti and clover pasta with chicken pesto. I really should have done a salad but had a "scare" with my mom when she didn't show up on time. She's a punctual person and when she was late my creative mind got too creative. She was out getting fun treats for the kiddos!! She got them tie-dye kits, rainbow markers, gold coins, and cupcakes!! Thanks Yaya and Papa for all the leprechaun loot!!!


 
Maria helped dip the oreos. I also found that Eli drank some of the jello before it set. And enjoyed some toothpaste in a pez dispenser while I cooked.

 
We ended with dance. We watched Stavros Flatley (THE BEST!!!), a little Michael Flatley... and called it a night!!
 
And just as a note. I was thinking about a conversation where mothers were complaining that all the holidays have become these big events. I think people are just over sensitive. You do what you can. If you have energy, why not make childhood exciting? Why not give our kids gifts? I know that my children are appreciative and it's nice to have days that are different. Days with fun things to do. Could we have been more focused on the traditions of Ireland? Absolutely. But as they grow, things will change. We'll modify and expand. I do things because I love to see my kiddos happy. We can make the most out of our time here on earth or we can sit and gripe.
 
Christina was so great. At the end of the day, she said, "Can you make sure the leprechauns know that we had a great day and to say thank you to them!!" I told her no, the leprechauns are creepers. She responded, "They aren't creepers. They are the best."
 
I suppose it'd be different if my children weren't so wonderful. But they are. THEY are the very best.... not the creeper leprechauns who haven't showered in a few days and wonder where smells come from.


1 comment:

RamyaF said...

So honestly, I know why my kids were creeped out by the leprechauns. All they did was leave toilet paper all over my bathroom, peed in my toilet, and then "peed" in the milk because the milk was green too. There were no gifts, no surprises, just a creepy peeing leprechaun. Next year, I will prepare better and read your blog before hand and hopefully nicer funner leprechauns will visit. Haha.