Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2nd Grade Class Party

One day Maria's teacher emailed me and asked if I had any ideas for a Valentine's Day party....

ummmm.... my head is always full of ideas.

Yes, I did want to throw a chocolate fondue fountain party.... but it was over the top. I realized there was no real way to melt the chocolate and there is a supposed "measles" outbreak... so.... what can you do. And yes. Can I just say I love the parents at Van Gorder. Whatever you ask for you get. It's like snapping your fingers and magic. Hooray for mon-nay.

Instead I planned a make your own strawberry shortcake bar and Valentine's floats. (Cherry 7-up and ice cream with fun straws I found at Wal-Mart with giant lips on them)

Next we had 4 stations:
1. How to draw roses. They turned out gorgeous!!!
2. Valentine Minute to Win it. Conversation heart pick up, cup stack, tissue paper heart pass with clothespins.
3. Cupid's Arrows. They got to shoot q-tips out of a straw into a heart container and build arrows out of heart marshmallows and skewers.
4. Love is Blind. The children were blindfolded and had to draw various valentines pictures- heart, candy, flowers, envelope, etc. They also had a Would You Rather (Valentine's themed) game at the station too!

There were plenty of parent volunteers who were so helpful!! Everything ran so smoothly and they did great at each of the stations!!

It was only an hour, but the timing was absolute perfect. Maria's wonderful teacher turned the time over to me and we ended with 1 minute to spare! I had kids coming up and hugging me. One kid told me it was the very best party he's ever been to. Another parent told me I should be a professional party planner.

I'll admit. I basked in the glory. It was SIMPLE!!! But it was super fun!!!

And a big thanks goes out to Papa. He took one for the team. Ella and Eli were sick and he watched them for me. He ended up getting sick... but really dad, thank you.

No comments: