Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Harry Potter finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Is it possible??? How did it go by so fast?!?!?!
 
I'm not sure when we started. It was only sometime at the start of 2nd grade.
 
Anyways, every night we read. It was wonderful. There are so many life lessons to be learned from Harry Potter. I love Hermione and the strong example of female empowerment she is. That knowledge is beauty. That wit is important.
 
I love the opportunity to discuss vocabulary. I love the laughs and how clearly Maria understood.
 
I love the themes of loyalty, of good vs. evil, of pride. We all cried when the house elves went to fight in the final battle.
 
There were many tears shed.
 
We did watch all the movies. I fast forwarded a few parts so that they wouldn't have to see scary things.
 
It was just precious spending these moments together.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

How fun! We stopped in the middle of book 3 and I was told we needed to finish it already. haha. Where did you find the movies? I would rather borrow them but I'm thinking I might need to rent them on Amazon or something.