Sweet little fish. He lasted quite awhile! Last night before bed, it was a miracle. Christina was talking to Howie and telling him what a good fish he was and that she did a good job choosing him. 3 hours later he died.
I was talking with Joe telling him we should wake up the girls so they wouldn't find their pet dead. Christina woke up and said, "Is Howie dead? I could just feel that something was wrong."
There were tears. But for me the beautiful part was seeing the care they took in burying him. They dug a grace and very tenderly arranged rocks and a heart shape surrounding that. Christina wrote a speech for him that was lovely.
I guess the lesson of don't take life for granted is being echoed nice and clear for us this week.
Rest in peace Howie. We know you are in heaven, free of pain and with your family. We'll see you again buddy. Thanks for the happiness you brought to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment