I gave Christina the option to miss her first class of the day and join us, but she chose to be studious. Seriously, what 8th grader does that?
It was rather slow service unfortunately, but we entertained ourselves with their placemats. Plus we had Heckedy Peg with us, a favorite book with a spooky storyline and beautiful art.
We saved some for Nina and truth be told, I brought my own paper plate to do so because I didn't want to use the foam they usually give.
We recently watched Plastic Ocean and made some major decisions to try to eliminate more of the waste we make. Things we've implemented so far are not using straws at restaurants or at home, recycling plastic film on food wrappings, using less paper plates and towels, using reusable shopping bags... Maria even suggested we stop every time we are in the car and see trash on the road. I wish my heart were so pure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment