Saturday, March 31, 2018

The refreshing smell of disappointment... smells like hard boiled eggs


I've never been to Washoe Lake NV State Park even though it's basically in our backyard.

The flooding from last year has still kept the lake pretty full. Maria wanted her swimsuit to swim around the picnic table.



We took a couple Easter shots but to be honest, the colors at the lake are a bit muted and dull.




We took a little hike down to the beach and threw some rocks and sticks.



PRICELESS!!!
And then while waiting for the hunt Maria said, "I think all the eggs are hardboiled."
Me: "No!! Probably just some of them."

However upon further checking... indeed.
They were ALL HARDBOILED.

A little 5 year old boy put it best, I hope they are safe to eat and not spoiled.

Eli repeatedly said he didn't want to stay.
The girls also chimed in.



10 eggs? Thank you. We will stick with 0 I guess.
Although, we all did appreciate that it was very natural and there was no plastic waste.


And in a mob/rush to the Easter bunny he did give out a couple pieces of candies.


But overall, I was the only one who was truly amused by this Easter Egg hunt.
It was classic.

FYI We didn't stay. No one wanted to wait 20 more minutes (the time was printed wrong). And yeah.
They were hard boiled eggs.
This isn't 1960.

No comments: