Monday, February 18, 2008

No... I'm not a member of PETA, but...

Seriously, meat scares me. With this whole recall bit because of animal cruelty. What a shame our lives have become. I've been really trying to make my prayers more meaningful during mealtimes. It's been really helpful to thank and ask blessings upon the famers that have grown the lettuce or the animals that have shared their lives so we could live.

But my desire is to become vegetarian. It always has been. I blame my husband. I don't want to cook 2 meals, but I don't want him to die of starvation or resort to fast food. Thank you KFC cruelty. Where... where will I find nutritional balance? I can assure you, it won't be in corn dogs.... which mysteriously ended up in my freezer... which I know I didn't buy.... because I think the idea of "mechanically seperated meat" is absolutely horrible. But how do I explain this all to my child who thinks they just taste good?

6 comments:

RamyaF said...

Alas, your struggle is the same as mine. I too want to become vegetarian but do not want to cook two meals. And Lateef can be so stupid about meat, always asking "where's the meat". I don't know what to do. Plus, I can't lie, I do like an In-and-Out burger every now and then. Hmm.

jaacs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sofia said...

D&C 89: 12-13
12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
13 And it is pleasing unto me that they SHOULD NOT BE USED, ONLY in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

It's funny how we are taught, then we go back and read the actual message and it is so much stronger.

jaacs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaacs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaacs said...

Yeah, those two deleted comments were me. I kept getting interrupted by the phone and didnt want to leave things up for Aiko to click on. Sorry about that.

Anyway, someone broke into my backyard yesterday. I'm going to publish a post tonight after Aiko is in bed. Right now, I need to get that girl down for a nap. Love ya!