My sweetheart Amyra was born (Yesterday March 16 12:59PM), perfect and beautiful... just as expected. I wish I could just cuddle her and hold her close.... 3 more weeks!! 5 lbs 9 oz and 18" long... Congratulations Lateef and Ramya!! Labor went really smoothly and now it's just transitioning time. Lateef actually delivered the baby (with the doctors help right by him) and pulled her out and cut her cord. Crazy! A father right from the start! And he's already changed diapers.... that is a true man. He will do a wonderful job guiding his sweet baby. What a miracle life is, what a blessing and a privilege.
I know Ramya will be the best mother out there, she is so full of love and compassion, understanding and patience. She is mellow and calm, yet fun and exciting. She is a perfect balance of what a mom needs to be. I know that there will be hard times, that's just life. But I know she will succeed in raising her gorgeous daughter, helping to shape her into a kind and true person full of love for others. I never had siblings, Ram was as close as I got (yes, I'm crying as I write this my dear sri lankan) and I'm just so happy that she is now going to be able to enjoy one of God's greatest gifts, motherhood.
A wise man once said, "You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?If the answer is that they have done very well, then your happiness will be complete." I know that Amyra will do well, that she will grow and be an outstanding individual... I know this because I know the woman her mother is.
(Posting of Amyra's picture pending on approval of her parents! No pressure!! Honestly!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment