Thursday, July 9, 2009

Artown - Nevada Musem of Art

I hate when things are advertised for children and then aren't really kid friendly. We went to the museum and I feel like art should be appreciated at the speed of the onlooker. However, we had a geriatric docent and some "regulator" to make sure no one left the group. The only way in for free was to stay with the group... can this be considered fascism? But we took off and went our own way when the time was right. Favorites of the girls included the large elevator, the rooftop art and doing chalk art.
Ready to pop any day now.
This piece of art was featured at Burning Man (aka Let's smoke opium for a week and wear neon glow sticks)... and Maria's face/body captured the essence of what the statue spoke.


Add Video I told her to rock star the picture and this is what she gave me. Do I have the best children or what!




3 comments:

Dwyane and Emily said...

Yeah, I know! We must have had the same guide. After Gabriel and Daddy left the group 3 times to go potty, J'anna and Rebekah had also had enough, so we headed up to the roof by ourselves.

Frustrating when you think how much better it could be!

jaacs said...

Fun! Kind of, I guess. lol. I never got to visit that museum. I like that the girls give their own interpretations of the statues. They should just make statues of them. Much more fun to look at.

Angela said...

sofia, you look radiant! beautiful! didn't know you had your hair cut! it looks fabulous! love it. can't say enough about how great you look in your last month of preggnosity! doesn't pregnacny do good things to women? i feel like when i am big and preggo, i look pretty good. then the baby comes out and so do all the good hormones, or something.