Highlights include:
* An anti-semitism special on TV with violent clips of gun killings. Where's the remote?
* Nurse Juliette - a transfer from cardio nurse who has been with labor and delivery for 2 days. Makes us very nervous with comments like, "I don't really know how to turn off the light." and "This might take me a while to find the baby."
* Waiting in triage from 8 am to 5 pm for a room while a woman comes in with a baby's foot hanging out of her (immediate c-section), a man burping and farting loudly while his wife and 6th child are on the way, a vomiting prego woman... etc.
* Late antibiotics because Jorge can't spell. "Slow down." Really, Lykes? Do I need to slow down the spelling of that?
It's a good thing we went in early. I got all the antibiotics in time! Dr. Mellum broke my water and I started active labor at 6 PM. I really wanted an epidural, but for some "odd" reason didn't get it till I was about to die at 8 PM. I was very panicked and felt the need to push at 8 PM but 10 minutes earlier the nurse said I was only at a 5. Again, I started saying very loudly that I could feel the head... she checked and I was fully effaced and dilated to a 10. God's merciful though and the guy got me my epidural in time to push. Much more peaceful! And with the epidural we were able to wait for Dr. Mellum who rushed back from his office. I might add he wasn't on call, he just loves us and called to tell the wife he'd be late. Is that a doctor for you or what? 12 pushes, his shoulder got a little stuck and voila 8:20PM ... my perfect angel was here.
With this labor I feel much more appreciative of what the Savior did for us in the garden of Gethsemane. I truly feel God was with me and giving me strength and watching over us. I am such a wimp, but I felt that in my hour of need He was right by my side. I have a deeper testimony that we truly have a Father in heaven who loves us. Who knows us. Who will comfort us and sustain us. I am grateful for this knowledge and will always worship Him and devote our home to Him. I have had a few nightmares about the pain but I can say with all my heart I would do it again in a heartbeat to have my treasure Joe! There is nothing more exquisite in life than looking into the face of your child and knowing you will be together forever.
Little Joe is the most carefree and happy and laid back baby. He barely cries and when he does it's so soft. He is completely mellow like his father and is truly happy to be at the breast (he's smiled a few times already!) My milk came in very very quickly. On the 3rd day, which is normal, but the last 2 times we had to wait 5 days! So this is good! He had swallowed a little bit of fluid and they had to wash his stomach out, he ate once and slept the entire first day! But his body needed that and now he's feeding often and sleeping less :) I'm amazed he's getting any sleep! His 2 big sisters adore him constantly!
Baby Joe loves kisses. Did great with his circumcision. (Slept through it) and is just absolutely perfect in every way! I look forward to what He will bring to our family, because already it's been lots of love and more happiness than we ever deserve! God is good to us.
3 comments:
Seriously. He is the most handsome little boy I've seen (and everyone I know is having boys lately...so I'm not just saying this).
Sorry about the insanity at the hospital. They left you just sitting there for 8 hours? Man. My hospital just didnt let me come in for the induction and threatened I'd have to deliver in the ER due to lack of room on the L&D floor.
Oh the circumcision. What an amazing boy to have slept right through it. Such a comfort to your heart, I'm sure. I just know I'll be sending in my hubby whenever that time comes for us. I could barely bring myself to touch A's umbilical cord for fear that I would knock it loose too soon. lol.
Yeah, I'm a nerd.
Wish I was closer to snuggle that little babe. He is perfect! Love you!
very handsome. his face is all nice and formed like he's 3 months old! i just keep thinking i am seeing christina every time i see him in pictures. maybe it's just me, but i totally think he looks like her! congratulations on finally getting through this! we'd like to come and see you guys sometime!
He is beautiful!! As always, a great post--hilarious humor, a tender testimony, and sweet sentiment. You are a beautifully talented mother. Keep up the great work!!
Post a Comment