First of all, I love my mother. I don't know why I'm morbid, but the day she dies will be the saddest day of my life. The same goes for my dad. I am so blessed to be close to them and have all the support and love they give. They will be watching the girls for the next couple of days. Probably more like partying for the next 2 days.
I tested positive for Group B strep. Dr. Mellum told me I shouldn't be worried, but I know how to google and on Thursday I was pretty much the most stressed out person you'd ever meet. I got a priesthood blessing and feel much more assured and hopeful. I know God loves us and will help us whatever happens in life. I'm scheduled to be induced in 3 hours, but I am feeling mild contractions. He said we'll get the antibiotics in and nothing will happen to the baby. I trust him. He's a good man. My due date was messed up though. They have a lot of patients and I didn't quite catch the math early on, but it turns out from my date of my last period and the 20 week ultrasound that today is my due date (not the 25th). At my appointment he asked how big my other children were. I told him 7 lbs 9 and 11 ounces. He looked at me and said, ugh... this one will probably be bigger. Well, how big? Am I going to have an 11 pound baby? No! Not 11. Well, do you think I can push out a 10 pound baby. Oh yeah, no worries! Well Dr. Mellum, how big do you think my baby boy is? Let's just say he's not too humongous. Thank you Dr. Mellum.
Christina is finishing up swimming lessons and did a great job. She also started kindergarten on Monday. I was less than excited. I "like" her teacher and hope to "love" her. Christina's first day went well and when I asked her what they did she replied, "We sat on the carpet for 5 hours." There was a teacher at Glen Duncan that I really loved, however it's all day kindergarten and I'm just not ready for that. I think this will turn out good. The deciding factor was Christina, she really wanted to go to school. And I want to always encourage a love of learning. Maria was quite sad about not being able to go to kindergarten, but she understands she'll have Ms. Kathi (Christina's preschool teacher) in February.
Maria has been pooping on the potty now for 2-3 weeks. And peeing! I haven't put her in underwear consistently because I'm 9 months pregnant and can't bend over. It's a little crazy timing, but she wants to go to the potty and I'm all about that. I think the key was the potty seat Papa got for her. It's actually attached to the toilet and very fun to use. I also wonder if it's because I've been going to the bathroom so much? Again, I am not potty training her. I don't potty train. She tells me and I do. I'm not a glutten for cleaning up accidents, so when it happens it happens. However, I think it's happening.
Joe had the day off on Friday and we went to Rancho San Rafael Park. The girls had a blast and enjoyed their first pony ride. We panned for gold, played with arrows and hunted a stuffed horse (much to my displeasure... boo hunting), swung on dinosaur swings...They were mesmerized. We ate at a place that has 10 tacos for $9 and free guacamole. Yum Yum Yum. However, I ate too much and later felt like dying. Christina and her daddy must have ridden the water ride 30 times. I like days off! It was super hot, but I did surprisingly good... key- water misters throughout the park. Hoo-ray. We also got a couple free snow cones because we knew the guy working there. Hook up from Andy! Do you remember him from Thanksgiving Mrs. VenHuizen? It was the one where Sara barfed all over the table and he was our little 9 year old neighbor?
4 comments:
GBS is no big deal. ABX in labor make the risk of baby catching it pretty much nothing. And it's a low risk anyways. I've been GBS+ for 2 babies, and - for 2. Hoping for neg this time. The ABX are annoying...at least to me.
Go Sophia! Push him out, shove him out WAAAAAY OUT! (that's from Bill Cosby =P )
Can't WAIT to get an update on the little bambino! I'm sure everything went GREAT!
So very excited for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. What an exciting time for you all!! Yay for you all and for the best big sisters!! Welcome to the world, Little Joe!
Wow!! Good luck! Hope things went well for you. Can't wait to see the newest addition!! You're SUPERMOM, and don't you forget it! :)
Post a Comment