Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanks Frank!


There is this line from Love, Stargirl where she talks about her job as a gardener. She describes working in the hot sun and how she wonders if weeds are really weeds because they obviously don't want to come out of the ground. Perhaps they are flowers, stubbornly hanging on to life and no one really knows their beauty because they have to cling to the ground in desperation so.

There was a tree stump in our front yard. This man... Frank... has the patience and determination of a saint. Hard labor just does not suit me. I quote Nono, "You are a delicate rose." So when I saw him in our front yard, I was quite surprised. He did it. In less than an hour. What do you do for a guy that gets annoying stumps out of your yard? Maybe we'll give him the tigger outfit. Frank is da bombya.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

That's awesome. Chris pulled out tree stumps for his Eagle and I've heard how hard that is (nowadays people just cut it down to the ground and grind it up...but you have all those rocks...impossible to do it an easy way). Especially with one that size! Wow! Way to go Frank!