Monday we loaded up the mouse mobile and spent a spectacular time together in peace 9 hours to the city of angels. God bless the DVD player. Now mind you, the girls watch movies once a week with me but I have vivid memories of staring out of the window of a car as a child and HATING road trips due to boredom. Hence, I feel no guilt as we all listened merrily along to the tunes and drama of Barbie.
Tuesday we woke up and were ready to party.
Each morning we took our picture by Mickey after the continental "breakfast" comparable to cryogenized flesh of elderly.
It was all Halloween at Disneyland! Hooray for pumpkins and fall, boo to the fire demon and other horrors that totally spooked us on the rides. Way over done and not appropriate for little ones.
Poor Maria, she was so game to do anything and then after the ride she'd be traumatized. Not screaming or anything like that sort, just twitchy and paranoid.
Maria's favorite part was the princesses. That was the very first thing we did and we waited 5 minutes and were in. So awesome!Christina loves speed. She loves the thrill rides and could go on the roller coasters easily the whole time.
My favorite part was meeting the "Villains". Maria wasn't too sure, but she gave them hugs and was happy. She even nervously laughed a couple times. Captain Hook gave Christina a kiss on her hand! She was just absolutely smitten by the gentlemen and giggled about it! She kept on saying he's not bad, he's well mannered! To this day if I bring it up a huge smile will spread across her face.
The wicked witch was fantastic. She asked Maria if Maria thought she was more beautiful than the princesses and Maria said, "You both are pretty." The girls then gave her a hug and the queen asked, "What on earth are you teaching these children... hugs??" To which she stomped off. The girls thought that was hilarious!
Snacks! Snacks! Give us the sugar!!
We enjoyed a lovely lunch at the New Orleans Cafe. Yummy Monte Cristos. Then a dance with Miss Tianna herself!
Christina wanted to live on Splash Mountain. I think we went 3 times.
The jungle cruise proved scary for Maria as the boat captain used a gun to try to kill an animal. So much violence in the world. However the tiki room and some pineapple ice cream was just what we needed. A few times of course throughout the trip.
Do you see these little girls? How do they know to love each other so much? I'm so blessed.
Disneyland is perfect (when the weather and crowds permit) and we were very lucky to go when we did. Here's to all the happy memories!!
2 comments:
Those pictures are darling...I can't believe how much Christina looks like you. BTW it was so good to see your mom...I just love her...please give her a hug for me!
So I nearly choked while drinking water and reading the part about maria being "twitchy and paranoid" after the rides. The cryogenic breakfast was another highlight of the post for me. But most of all you made me miss Disneyland something fierce. Can I take Christina next time we go? I'm with her on spending all my time on roller coasters.
Post a Comment