After 3 fun filled days in Disneyland we were ready to hit the road for more adventures. We started out with a great breakfast.... it's so lovely not having to cook or do dishes!!
But we were soon disappointed... our first stop ended up being closed- the La Habra Children's Museum was being remodeled. The barely even let us use the bathroom it was that closed. Oh the sorrows.
However, a local told us about a "petting zoo" that was only a couple miles away. We stopped there and were thoroughly unimpressed. You couldn't really pet anything and it smelled. Sigh.Leaving the City of Angels I had a precious and tender traffic moment. A joyful man saw traffic and decided to make a U-Turn and go the opposite way of oncoming traffic on our on ramp. I honked my horn because he was obviously insane but the sweetness of the moment came when he started shouting obscenities and honking back at me. Ah, the joys of CA highways. I-5 was turning out to be a bit of a headache, like gridlock headache, so as soon as I saw 101-N we headed toward Ventura and it was smooth sailing!
We had to make a pit stop, and where better to do so than the beach!!
I think I could live here easily. San Buenaventura or Bust!!
It was a lovely ride North and we loved being able to see and experience all the beauty Heavenly Father created for us.
1 comment:
It kind of looks like that tortoise is begging he girls to take him home and save him.
On another note, one of the word verification things for one of my comments was "stiffie". Just seemed wildly inappropriate. Your girls don't read these comments, do they?
Post a Comment