Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 6: Relax, Church, And Apple Hill

Ahhh... the joys of a fine hotel. We slept in a pillowtop King size bed and enjoyed a hot and freshly cooked breakfast and a good hour or so in the hot tub and pool.
 We attended a very busy ward right by the Sacramento Temple. It was chaotic and there were lots of screaming children. Yet, it didn't detract from the spirit of the meeting. It was just a little annoying as the child was right behind me. The majority who bore testimony were small children. My favorite quotes included, "I don't really have much to say different than the adults, I believe in Christ and know He lives. But I'm glad to be able to say it." another, "I know when we die we can go to heaven and I really really hope I can get in the celestial kingdom. I don't know if I'll make it but I really hope so." and a handsome black man who was recently called to the ward mission leader had a great one, "Sometimes people get overwhelmed with callings. I don't. I figure you either deal with life or you don't." Seriously, preach on brotha. We also sat by a woman who had lost a son, her daughter got up and bore testimony that she would one day be reunited with her brother. Goes to show you, you never know what people go through... it could be the one sitting right next to you. Christina got up and bore her testimony. So sweetly and purely, I'm so blessed that they retain the things taught to them by the spirit.

Probably a few years ago I became very aware of not wanting to miss the sacrament. So even on vacations we go to church because of the sacred nature of our baptismal covenants we've made. Which is completely hypocritical because we broke Sabbath by purchasing things. Sigh. One day I'll make it and be better.
We headed by apple hill on our final leg of the journey. It wasn't too crowded and we ate our way from one end to the other. 



 The girls favorite part was pony rides!!




 Although, I could be wrong.... Maria enjoyed her corn very much so!

 And of course, Yaya gets them the most beautiful candy apples they want.
 We picked apples in an "orchard". And the guy even gave us free frozen blueberries!

To say we enjoyed our vacation is to put it lightly. My mom was the best travel companion and we really appreciate Papa and Yaya bank rolling the party. They spoil us rotten!!! And we love every minute of it!!

No comments: