There is no better way than to celebrate the birthday of the most splendid little girl in the world and her most splendid little sister and most wonderful Yaya ever, than in the most splendid place in the world! Although, I wouldn't complain if we had gone to Hawaii either. I think wherever I am as long as I'm with my girls, it's bliss.
It was wonderful having all the characters and Disneyland employees saying Happy Birthday to Christina!Lines were a tad longer on Thursday, but they have an awesome rider switch pass that allows you to ride the ride again without waiting in line. So we got to ride on Autotopia twice!
I think I could possibly spend an hour or two on Small World. It's just so happy.
Toontown isn't my favorite part of Disneyland, but at least we got to see Mickey!
True story, Maria was barely tall enough to go on Splash Mountain. We had waited about 25 minutes before both girls say they need to go potty. So we go potty and the line has quadrupled in size. But the guy was great and let us go in the fast pass lane where there was no line. 10 minutes later the ride shuts down and is broken. I've never been so grateful! At first, I was irked because we were spending our time in the bathroom, but what a blessing to not be STUCK!! Knowing our luck we'd get stuck right on the ascent where there is the shadow of the fox trying to kill the rabbit. Thank you Father!!
I loved the street parade but it did make me extremely worried. Children go out and dance but there are hoards of people. The loudspeaker announced, "Parents, not to worry! You'll see your children in a few moments as we round our circle...." Yeah....
The best part of the day was this little bread shop/bakery we ended our night at. We enjoyed some cake and brownies to this beautiful guitar music. The atmosphere was just totally surreal and peaceful. It was just the right temperature with perfect company. I know it's selfish of me, but I pray I have many many more years with my beautiful girls. I know God's will is perfect, so I can only hope that in His mercy I may live and they may live to have many more of these moments where you realize life is truly such a blessing.
1 comment:
I hear you on that last bit of the post. I would be with you on the bit about spending two hours in It's a Small World but we took some video of it the last time we were there and it turned out to be just positively creepy on video.
Post a Comment