Monday, February 28, 2011

Today.... Today I took back my TRUNK

Let me preface that my trunk was in no way horrible, but it did have pine tree needles and random crayons and socks here and there. I don't know why, but I feel like in the media lately, it's all about people ending up in ditches in their cars for 5 days surviving on jelly beans. I'd rather be comfortable. I'm going to be practicing with the girls for the next 2 weeks on how to open the trunk if Mommy was hurt to get supplies. So far, Christina was able to get it with no problem.


Why did I pack pencils? Because I honestly cannot see myself in a car for more than 48 hours without writing down some sort of thoughts. When I find a pack of pens, I'll switch them out. First aid supplies are included in here, but I do need to add flashlights and batteries. I also have matches and firestarter wood supplies.

All the items in my trunk are non perishable and won't rot or spoil depending on temperature. Say we're to go on a longer trip,  this basket is right in the garage for us to grab and go. I figure I'll have to rotate in about a year. I was at Smith's and did the 10 item sale so everything was super affordable. I think I got 4 1-gallon waters, 3 canned fruit, 4 canned soup for about $10 total.

Now my plans are just to add a small suitcase of clothes and blanket.

But it feels good. I feel survivor-ish, like I should lick a raw fish or something.

No comments: